Know about Benefits and Impact of Child Sponsorship
Child sponsorship has a long and ingrained history. Some of the largest sponsorship charities that specifically help children in need worldwide have learned how to provide help beyond short-term handouts. They help children move past reliance on sponsorship support while learning to make fundamental changes in their lives that will benefit both their lives and future generations.
Impact of Child Sponsorship
Child Sponsorship helps children, families, and communities in poverty unlock a brighter future.
- Schooling: Education provides children the opportunity to escape poverty and improve their quality of life.
- Saving childhoods: Sponsorship keeps girls safe from child marriage and early pregnancies.
- Food security: Nutritious food is a very important building block for children’s growth and development. Did you know the growing brain of a five-year-old requires 44% of their total energy consumption? Poor diets steal this energy away, but a daily school dinner combats this for sponsored children.
- Awareness: Sponsorship brings knowledge into a deprived household. How? A child can read the back of a medicine bottle, for example.
- Disaster prevention: In case of strong winds, fire or storms, the programmer has a fund to support affected families.
- Healthcare: Every year thousands of children in Uganda die before their fifth birthday. Your sponsorship helps children gain access to essential healthcare treatment.
- Concern for HIV and AIDS: Many agencies are currently providing support to children affected by HIV and AIDS through counseling and access to testing.
- Dirt–free Water: Dirty water is one of the biggest killers of children under five. Through the Child Sponsorship programmer, we help communities gain access to clean, safe water and proper sanitation.
- Child security: Your sponsorship can help families to protect their children from sexual and commercial exploitation.
- Potential: Education increases the opportunity for a child to acquire a job. Increased household income can provide support for the next generation of school-aged children in the extended family.
What are the benefits of child sponsorship?
For the amount of money you would have to spend to adopt one child, you could change the lives of many more through child sponsorship. Organizations offering child sponsorship specialize in helping entire communities, not just individuals. Your sponsorship money helps provide food, medical and dental care, and both pastoral and practical care for the whole of a community without removing the child from an environment that he or she has grown up in and transporting the child thousands of miles to a new home. Child sponsorship offers spiritual hope and a future for thousands of children in need around the world and is one of the easiest ways to bring a child into your life.
Child sponsorship is a progress in the wake of solving the social issue of poverty and illiteracy. To sponsor a child, you can simply contact a Non-Government Organization or any other charity organization and the rest will be taken care of by their directors who would collect donations on time and at your own suitability. Many charitable organizations like Plan India work for the causes of children and the donations made are directed to child welfare and education. These organizations have plenty of child sponsorship schemes. They are categorized as yearly/monthly/quarterly based and sponsor a girl child or boy child.
In case, a person is unaware of charity procedures; he can simply sponsor a child charity. These charity organizations work on behalf of these sponsors and are dedicated towards child support and education. Through A cheque or cash deposit, one can contribute to charity for children and can work for the betterment of children indirectly.