All about Cloud Telephony- The Future of Telephony Services
Cloud Telephony is considered as the future of telephony services, as an ordinary telephone system such as Landline, Mobile & PBX don’t really succeed in fulfilling the business needs. In today’s world, telephony is all about experiencing variation every day. Cloud telephony is the term that is often used in the corporate world. It is basically a multi-tenant structure where multiple users simultaneously share the resources.
Cloud-based telephony delivers web-based and automated telephone applications. It is an innovative, latest phone solution which helps in reducing your business expenses as well. In simple words, cloud telephony refers to the online communication system which requires a setup of own data-centre to give it regular monitoring so as to carve out the best results and services.
How does Cloud Telephony Works?
Cloud telephony provides the facility which helps in maintaining and managing the entire business communications infrastructure in the cloud while business telephones, computers, smartphones, and tablets allow users to access these services from wherever they are located.
Unlike the old PBX telephony, this cloud-based technology doesn’t require the installation of dedicated hardware at the user’s premises. In fact, cloud-based telephony works on the virtual numbers where all the incoming and outgoing calls are stored in a dashboard. Here the web application interface has a specific set of commands that perform predefined actions, which helps you to analyze calls for better communication.
Essential Characteristics of Cloud telephony
- On-Demand Self- Service- Cloud telephony is an on-demand service where customers get the required resources without any human interaction. This helps in improving customer experience.
- Broad Network Access- There is no limitation on access. Customers/users can access it from anywhere around the globe at any point in time.
- Resource Pooling- It is a multi-tenant model that has physical and virtual resource. These resources can be dynamically assigned as per the requirement of the end-user.
- Rapid Elasticity- It has a flexible and automatic assignment, which makes the service fast. So, if the capacity is high, then purchasing will be easy and more often. This provides high performance even at peak time.
- Measured Service- The resources here can be measured and optimized automatically, and the usage can be monitored, controlled and reported with proper stats. Therefore, this system develops a transparency for both consumers and the provider.
Advantages of Using Cloud Telephony Services
- Simple & flexible
- Low cost than VoIP
- Easily accessed anytime anywhere
- Fully managed service
- Latest & most reliable technology
- High capacity & functionality
- Build a business reputation
- Easy Implementation
- Low maintenance
- Minimum downtime
- Quick, automated & easy to use
- Reduced workforce
Why Should One Use Cloud Telephony Services?
- Avoid Hassles-Managing and maintaining a cloud-based system needs experience and expertise. So, the service providers these days offer fully managed services. Their support team takes care of your system and check if there are any problems or issues.
- High Reliability-Cloud-based system requires a data centre for running servers. Having your company’s self-data centre will heighten your security, lower the downtime, will provide quick solutions to any temporary issue.
- Very Easily Scalable-You just have to focus on the growth of your business; as there is no need to worry about the backend system because it will be done by the service provider. Also, the resource scaling will be done as per the requirements of end-user.
- Complete Control Over System-Cloud telephony enables you to change the configuration directly from your browser without waiting for a long time. You may even ask your service provider to guide you for making certain changes almost instantly.
- CRM Integration-This cloud-based system has more broad usage. You can integrate it with your software and get the complete details of incoming & outgoing calls; you can even listen to the conversation.
- No Dedicated Tech Team is Required-With cloud telephony, you can control your system solely by yourself. It can be easily managed from your online browser control panel. Thus, there is no need for a dedicated tech team.
- Get Actionable Insights-Cloud telephony provides you with full calling statistics for tracking. This helps in improving your customer experience.
- No Need to be Chained to your desk– with cloud telephony system being mobile you can access your system from anywhere around the world without being chained to your desk.