Everything You Need To Know About Scaffolding Services
Scaffolding is the process of building a temporary, elevated platform and its supporting structure. These are also known as a scaffold and are used for holding people so that they can work on constructing, cleaning, renovation, etc. Many scaffolds can be seen while any new construction is taking place or for maintenance of any building. Occupational Safety and Health Administration or OSHA has categorized scaffolding services into three types: –
These consist of one or more platforms supported by rigid material like poles, outriggers, etc.
These consist of one or more platform supported by non-rigid material like ropes, overhead support, etc.
These types of scaffolds can be raised or lowered with the help of pulleys or other mechanical methods. These are also called as adjustable scaffolds.
Things to take care while choosing scaffolding services :
The first thing to take care is about the stability of the ground.
If the ground you are working on is firm, then you can opt for ground-supported scaffolding, if not then its best to opt for suspended scaffolding.
Choose the kind of service you want to choose.
Choose if the services are for construction or for maintenance of a building.
Consider the design of the building.
Depending on the proportions of the building, the type of scaffolding should be chosen. For some buildings that are very tall, suspended scaffolding is not safe. In cases where the building is very close to other buildings then ground-supported scaffolding can cause problems.
Think about your budget.
The budget shouldn’t matter while choosing scaffolding services but it’s always better to learn more about the options you can choose from.
Learn about the product supplier.
This is important as it will help you opt for a good industrial scaffolding product supplying company.
Rules to be followed by employers :
- The construction should be done according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always make sure that the scaffolding services you are hiring provide you and the workers with manual and a set of detailed instructions.
- Also, it is important to understand that in these cases, emergency situations can occur, so it is recommended that safety drills are conducted, and workers are explained what to do in times of crisis.
- Ensure that there are guardrail systems along all open sides and ends of the platforms.
- Always make sure that there is safe access to the scaffold platforms.
- Make sure that the workers do not climb cross-bracing as a means of access.
- Remember to hire a licensed professional engineer for construction and proper usage of the scaffolds.
- Make sure that the built scaffolds are erected, moved, altered or dismantled under the supervision of a competent engineer.
So now that you know everything about scaffolds, you can ensure that you get the best one according to your requirements when needed.