The Growing Trend of Online Messaging Platforms in Companies
In this day and age, enterprise messaging is no longer constraint to tedious and tiresome emails. Organizations across the globe have become collaborative over new messaging platforms such as Slack, WhatsApp, Flock and many others. Many companies that deal with developing messaging tools are struggling to be heard in this space.
Communications that take place over emails is likely to lose its efficiency. With the reliable messaging tool, the same can be done better and faster. Hence, the messaging apps seem to be the go-to tool for many businesses to enhance collaboration and ensure successful business chatting.
Emails Vs. Instant Messaging App
Emails and messaging app, both are universal and used by a large number of businesses. But, there is a breakdown between them. The key differentiators are the easy UI and speed of an instant messaging app. Besides, messaging on the app is fluid and enables users to chat or make audio or video calls instantly.
Features of Messaging Platforms
Every different app comes with different features and specifications. Talking about Flock, users who log in Flock from the same enterprise domain are able to access others from the company whereas Slack doesn’t allow this feature. In the Slack app, one cannot be a part of the conversation until or unless he is invited to a group in order to chat. Furthermore, people automatically get added to the team on Flock. Given that fact, Flock is in the race of top competitors to slack.
Below are some of the benefits of messaging platforms
If you want to implement this new form of electronic communication within your organization, have a look at some of the key benefits.
- Creating to-dos – Before making a deal with any of these companies, make sure the tool allows users to create to-dos and assign responsibilities among team members. Besides, the app can allows you to track completion of the task as there are platforms available in the market that let you enjoy such features.
- Conducting Opinion polls: Not only can you assign works to your team members, but also enables you to quickly conduct opinion polls and or do mini surveys about projects or tasks with real-time results.
- Google Drive Integration – Furthermore, the collaborative apps let you integrate other apps such as Google Drive into your dashboard and thereby, you can easily access your drive account on the go. You can choose to allow access to creating files, reading or giving permission, etc. The best app provides a completing UI access to access your Google Drive.
- Mailing – A high-quality messaging app also allows you to send emails to all the group members in a particular channel in a single click.
- Video conferencing: One of the benefits that email doesn’t allow is conducting video conferencing. The messaging apps allow you to make video/audio calls and hold conferences or online meeting with people. Besides, you can also share your screen with the attendees.
- Code snippet sharing: Apart from the above, the apps allow developers to download, edit, forward, and reuse code within the messaging app itself. However, this feature is available in Flock app only.
Considering all the factors, we come to conclude that messaging platforms are useful for today’s businesses. If you want to something more or better collaboration within your organization, a messaging tool is the right means to be.