6 Interesting Things about the Java Programming Language
Java which is another word for coffee is a programming language forming the base for nearly every kind of networked application. Are you excited to know what exactly Java is and which are the latest trends in this programming language? Get to learn more about the Java programming language and the web services in Java which was designed initially for the entertainment appliances.
- Oak was the origin of Java
Originally, Oak was a platform independent language developed for video game consoles, VCRs and other recording appliances so as to communicate. In 1992, Java was invented after Oak, and was named as ‘Java’ at a cafe. Java was developed at the Sun Labs where the team began a cleanup of C++ and ended up with a whole new language and runtime.
- Java: A programming language with Outstanding Features
Java forms the base for the development and delivery of embedded and mobile applications, web content, java game programming and enterprise software. There are around 9 million java developers all across the globe and these java developers penetrated almost everywhere, from laptops and PCs to the gaming consoles and supercomputers.
- Java Programming Language is Case Sensitive
The components of Java Program including the class, variables and methods are referred to as the identifiers. Since, Java is a case sensitive language, the identifiers would differ depending on whether the upper case or the lower case is used. For instance, the meaning of ‘hello’ would be completely different from the meaning of ‘Hello’. Identifiers should start with a letter (A or a), currency character ($) or underscore (_). Moreover, you should remember that keywords cannot be used as identifiers.
- Java is about learning the Core
The core concepts of Java include the following:
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts which includes abstraction, inheritance, containment, encapsulation and polymorphism.
- Java is a platform independent language that can be run on all operating systems, including Mac, Windows, and Unix.
- Nature and manner of the Java Virtual Machine
- Understanding the Java Collection Framework
- Coding Competitions.
Mastering Java is all about putting the theory into practice. If you are looking to begin with Java, simple coding exercises must be preferred.
- Software Developers all over the world extensively use Java
Java has been refined further, tested and extended as well as proven by a whole range of software developers. This language was designed for the development of high performance applications used for various computing platforms. Moreover, the advanced Java can enhance productivity, communication and partnership. Reasons why you should prefer Java
- Java programming language software can be run on any platform.
- You can create customized apps using Java
- Users can create programs running within a web browser and accessing the available web services in Java.
- Significant Features of Java is beneficial for the Users
Since Java is platform independent, it means that the compilers do not have to produce native object code for the platforms. Java is an object-oriented language comprising of a rich standard library and language support for efficacious java language features like strings, threads, arrays and the exception handling. Java is very much similar to C++ as far as the syntax is concerned and this has made Java very easy to use.
Therefore, it can be concluded that Java is a lot more than a usual programming language. It is a multi-platform unique programming language which has inbuilt security in order to prevent hacking. Pondering over the convenience and safety, web services in Java clearly has an upper hand over the other programming languages.